Friday, August 18, 2006

BLT Sandwich

Every supper time I am in a quandary, not truly knowing what to prepare that my fussy hubby will eat. If I ask him ahead of time, his usual answer is, "I don't know, honey. I am too full now that I can't think about supper for tomorrow." Won't do me any good to ask him when he is actually hungry for supper (as in 10 minutes before).

So, sometimes I ask him what he wants me to get from the grocery store. Summer is a hard time, because during this season when produce abound and I feel like eating stir-fries or salads, I always worry about what to offer to him (and daughter). My boys will always eat what I serve.

Can you believe I just learned about him liking BLT ("the perfect summer food") this year, our third year together????!!!!

But he does not like tomatoes, so for him, it's BL sandwich.

For me, I like it with onions and cucumbers as well, so it's BOLTC sandwich.

How to prepare:

Cook bacon the usual way and drain on paper towels.

On separate bowls/platters, serve lettuce (there are several bags available in Hannaford ready for consumption right from the bag), sliced fresh and ripe tomatoes, sliced fresh cucumbers, sliced onions (I get these three items from my garden during this time of the year). Also place on the table the mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard.

Put regular bread or buns on the table. To each his own. Let everyone prepare his own sandwich.

I know this is not the healthiest meal, but it is complete nonetheless. We only use 2-3 strips of bacon per sandwich. One is enough for me, two will do for each of the boys (including the big one). Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

JMom said...

This is our summer favorite too, especially when the tomatoes start ripening like they are now. I'm not too crazy about bacon so sometimes I leave it out and just have LT sandwich :D

MadMuse said...

Yum! This is one of my favorite sandwiches. I use turkey bacon so I wouldn't feel too guilty. :) The Oscar Mayer Turkey Bacon tastes just like the real thing.

Manang said...

JMom,

I actually had my second sandwich OLTC lang. Sarap pa rin!

madmuse,
Thanks for the tip. I will try that turkey variety (at least for me; can't serve that to my fafa).

Tina said...

Your hubby is really picky. Not even tomatoes? My hubby grows his own to enjoy them.

Marie said...

so mouthwatering..............

Custom Search