Thursday, August 03, 2006

Honey-Ginger Pork Roast

I found this recipe in 1st Traveler's Choice Internet Cookbook. (http://www.virtualcities.com/).

Although hubby is not a big fan of pork, he liked this one! Even stepd liked it. Needless to say, the boys and I loved it as well.


Ingredients
One 5-pound center cut boneless pork loin (I used a 3-pound pork loin)
1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger root
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons salt
honey

Procedure
Run knife between fat and meat to form pockets on top of roast. Using a long-bladed knife, insert grated ginger into pockets. In small bowl, mix olive oil, ground ginger, and salt. Place pork in roasting pan and brush with oil, ginger, and salt mixture. Bake at 350 degrees, allowing 30 minutes per pound. About 15 minutes before roast is done, brush meat completely with honey. Allow roast to stand 15 to 20 minutes before slicing. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Manang said...

Hi shoegazer! Thanks for dropping by.
One thing that made me try this particular recipe was its lack of soy sauce. I was intrigued, because honestly, I was getting kinda tired of soy sauce-based roasts/stir-fries. But a combination of soy sauce/mustard is something new to me! Hmmm....might give it a try as well.

Custom Search