Monday, October 09, 2006

MS's Chocolate Pudding

This recipe was emailed to me by my hubby's favorite aunt. She said being the chocoholic that he was, my hubby would surely love this.

and she was right...I made enough to fill about 8 ramekins, and hubby finished his. So did my older son. My younger son and I finished only half of what was in our cups. I liked it, but not too crazy about it. But what's important is that all of us ate (unlike when I do prepare some Filipino desserts, almost always, hubby would not even try...). I had leftover which could fill about 4 more ramekins, but I served it sandwiched in chocolate crepes...(next post).

Martha Stewart's Chocolate Pudding

Sift together the dry ingredients:
12 tablespoons sugar
6 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

In saucepan whisk together dry ingredients.

Measure the liquid ingredients:
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 1/2 cups milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
12 ounces (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate (I use chocolate bits)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter

In a bowl combine 2 1/2 cups cream with 2 1/2 cups milk and vanilla. Whisk 1 cup cream mixture into dry ingredients until completely dissolved. Whisk in remaining cream mixture until smooth.

Place sucepan over medium heat. Cook, whisking contantly until mixture comes to a boil and thickens - (8 to 10 minutes)

Add chocolate and cook on low, whisking until chocolate is melted, (about one minute).

Remove from heat and whisk in butter until melted.

Using a ladle, pour pudding into about 10 dessert cups.

Whip one cup of heavy cream and serve with pudding.

4 comments:

ladybug said...

Hmmm....mukhang masarap subukan ito ah. I love pudding but I haven't tried chocolate before. :-D

Manang said...

ladybug,
Honestly, I like vanilla pudding more (yung Jello), but it still takes getting used to (and alam ko kasing pudding, yung bread pudding lang na ginagawa namin nun sa bakery namin using samut-saring old breads, and I loved that!).

jing said...

hello manang...can i make use of chocolate blocks taz imelt ko na lang rather than using chocolate bits?

Manang said...

Hi jing, if your choco blocks are quite big, I suggest you cut them in smaller pieces so it won't take too much time to melt while you whisk.

Custom Search