Monday, December 08, 2008

Florida Citrus Cake

One of my co-workers, Michelle, once brought
From Florida Citrus Cake
this at a night when it seemed like we were all in a party mood. I brought leche flan (as requested by one of our ED techs, Gloria), and Michelle brought this so I could have a taste. I loved it! It's perfect for coffee! Best of all, it is so easy to make.

Michelle made sure I had at least one slice left to take home to have my husband taste it. I could not help but eat the last piece, and I even scraped the plate clean.

So I baked this last night, finally...after I stressed out having my TNCC training and getting my certificate by passing the practical and written tests (yehey!). Baking (and cooking) has become a therapeutic activity for me. As I was waiting for the last minutes, I made coffee...then I frosted, sliced a piece although it was still too warm (couldn't wait!) and had my husband taste it...Approved!

The next day, my older son was telling me, "Ma, you should make this more often. It's so good, I already had probably 8 slices."

INGREDIENTS:

Cake:
4 eggs
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup oil
1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 small pkg lemon instant pudding and pie filling mix (4 servings)

Glaze:
1/6 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
1 tbsp melted butter
3/4 cup confectioner's sugar

PROCEDURE:
Preheat oven to 325 deg F. Pour all ingredients into a well-greased and floured tube pan (I borked here...looks like I failed to grease and flour well enough that some of the cake stuck to the pan. I covered with frosting.). Bake for 50 minutes or until done. Meanwhile, prepare the glaze by blending well. Glaze the cake while still hot.

No comments:

Custom Search