Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Minatamis na Saging
Thanks a bunch to elena montaniel for being my guest blogger today! She sent me the link to her slide show for detailed instructions (and mouth-watering photos) of Minatamis na Saging. (How I wish I had access to saba! Anyone knows the English or scientific name of this particular species?)
2 big Saba bananas sliced crosswise
Few drops of lemon juice
2-3 tbsp butter
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
Slices of Leche Flan
1/2 tsp cinnamon
(the original recipe calls for 1/2 cup of honey. I didnt have any at that time so I mixed water and brown sugar which worked as well. If honey is used, the bananas will be dark brown in color)
1. Fry bananas in butter.Remove from pan and set aside.
2. In a different saucepan, mix the water, brown sugar,lemon juice & vanilla. Simmer. Add the fried bananas. Let simmer for few more minutes.
3. When cooked, remove from pan. Best served when chilled.
1. Place a serving in a dessert plate.
2. Top with slices of leche flan, condensed milk (you can put condensed milk as much as you want) and then cinnamon powder.