PAN DE LECHE from mrsrustysdelight.multiply.com
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1 tablespoon Rapid Rise Yeast
1/3 cup granulated Sugar
1 tsp salt
... Add the above ingredients into a bowl. Mix to combine. ( if you are using a stand mixer, use its bowl.)
1 1/2 cups of milk, &
1/4 butter or margarine
... In a microwave safe container ( I use glass measuring cup), nuke for 1 min 30 sec or less or until warm to touch.
1/2 cup of whole powdered milk
2 cups of All purpose Flour.
...In another bowl, mix the 2 Ingredients.
*Gradually add the liquid ingredients (B) to flour-yeast mixture (A).
* If using a standmixer, dough hook attached; gradually add B to A at speed 1.
* Then increase speed to 2 for 2 minutes then gradually add C and knead for another 2 minutes or more until the hook picked up dry ingredients (C).
* If needed, add a little flour at a time, to make the dough forms into a ball ( or clings into the hook) and elastic so when stretched, the dough become thin to let the light pass through ( window pane test)
Note: Overkneading can Break the Gluten!
* Form the dough into a ball and let it rest for 10 minutes in a buttered bowl.
* Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces.