Friday, November 07, 2008

Butter-fried Scallops

One of the three seafood items my husband will eat
From scallops
(and actually loves)...When we do eat at one of our fave restaurants, if he orders scallops, they are the usual batter-coated deep-fried ones, and I usually order the baked with honey and butter ones. This recipe is not an attempt to copy the restaurant recipes. It actually is the way my MIL prepares scallops at home, and I copied her for the love of my hubby. :)

Ingredients:
1-1/2 to 2 lbs scallops
1 stick butter
enough flour to dredge scallops

Instructions:
heat on med high one big or two medium sized iron pan (enough to cook all scallops just at one time. (If you cook more than one batch, the butter tends to make the subsequent batches blackish instead of golden brown). Melt butter and quickly try to dredge the scallops and place on pan. Cook each side (top and bottom) 1-2 minutes. I usually serve these on the pan itself with all the melted butter. Do not overcook.

No comments:

Custom Search