Thursday, November 06, 2008

Chicken Broccoli Cheese Casserole

My husband mentioned one time about liking
From Chicken-Brocolli Cheese Casserole
this type of dish which his ex used to cook, and told me (He had the nerve to tell me!) he should ask her for the recipe. Of course he (the typical man that he is) forgot about it, but I went ahead and groped my way through making my own recipe. Very simple and easy, we all love it. He basically spoon-fed to me the ingredients: chicken, broccoli florets, Velveeta cheese. I just added what I felt I had to, and cooked it the way I imagined it. This is one of my favorite dish to prepare if I am going to work. I am posting while having a slow time at work, so I am guessing at the proportions as I try to recall how much I use. Make sure you use a baking dish deep enough for this.

From Chicken-Brocolli Cheese Casserole

Ingredients:
1 tbsp oil
1-1/2 lb chicken breasts (or 1 lb, depending on how many are eating; this is for 5 people) cut into bite-size
1 lb frozen broccoli florets
(Please take a look at the photo for the sizes of the cans)
1 can Cream of Chicken
1 can Broccoli Cheese condensed soup
1 package of stuffing prepared as directed on label
Sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese
1/4 oz (?- kindly check the lines on the foil wrap, just one small block/line) Velveeta cheese, cut into small pieces
Sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400 deg F. Heat oil and brown chicken then place in the baking dish. Add broccoli florets, cream of chicken, and broccoli cheese condensed soup; mix well. Scatter the Velveeta pieces; top with stuffing and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes.



2 comments:

Marie said...

the dish looks really good and yummy

Marie said...

the dish looks really good, I am gonna try this soon

Custom Search